[Wien] Suse 9.2 problem

buero at luitz.at buero at luitz.at
Thu Jun 2 12:02:18 CEST 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Peter Blaha wrote:

> Solution: copy /bin/tcsh from an older version (I think SUSE9.1 still
> works) to the new PC and replace /bin/tcsh (save the original program).
> (usually /bin/csh is just a link to /bin/tcsh)
>
> It fixes the problem (funny enough, both versions set the tcsh shell
> variable to version 6.12.00 !!??, but the size of the files is different).

if the problem lies in the wait statement we can also get rid of it
by changing the wait statement by the following lines:

while -e .lock_* > & /dev/null
sleep $delay
end
sleep $sleepy

Best
   Joachim

--
luitz.at | interfacing art, science and technology

Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Luitz KEG
Wohlmuthgasse 18 . A-3003 Gablitz . T +43 2231 61254 . Fax +43 2231 612544
buero at luitz.at . http://www.luitz.at . skype://jluitz