[Wien] FSM calculation problem

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 7 12:03:45 CEST 2005

I've checked the fsm calculations on your computer.

runfsm -m 0.1

Then I checked case.in2up and case.in2dn. It shows:

TOT             (TOT,FOR,QTL,EFG,FERMI)
      -9.0      16,1     0.50 0.05      EMIN, NE, ESEPERMIN, ESEPER0

So the script has changed NE from  16.0  to   16,1  !!!

This is of course WRONG ! since fortran needs  16.1   instead of   16,1

This line is produced by    awk :
awk -vm=$m '/NE/{$0="      "$1"      "$2+m"     "$3" "$4"      "$5" "$6" "$7" "$8" "$9" "};//' $file.in2_fsm>$file.in2up

and here is the problem. In some languages (I know it only from German,
but it seems it is the same in Spanish)
a floating point number is printed with a comma, while in english it is
printed with the correct decimal point.

For a SUSE system start as superuser,

yast2
system   --> edit /etc/sysconfig  editor
and choose
system --> environment --> language
and set
RC_LC_NUMERIC to     en_US

PS: If anybody knows an  awk option to set this properly without playing with
system variables, please let me know.

Regards