[Wien] Supercell

georg at chem.au.dk georg at chem.au.dk
Tue Jun 14 10:07:15 CEST 2005

I'm no expert on these supercell calculations, but I guess the density of
k-points should be the same.
This means that if you you use 2000 k-points for generation (the number you type
in to kgen, not the number in the IBZ) then you'll need approx. 500 generating
k-points for a 2x2x1 supercell. However the actuall number in the IBZ may not
be lower than the original because your symmetry is also lower

 Georg

--
Georg Madsen
Department of Chemistry