[Wien] AIM analysis / LM expansion

Olivier Delaire delaire at caltech.edu
Thu Jun 30 04:58:55 CEST 2005

Dear Wien users,

I would like to perform some AIM analysis calculations, but I am a
little unclear on the LM expansion in case.in2.
The AIM notes on the website recommend to use a higher order than
default for the LM decomposition in case.in2, but I am unsure how to do
this.
Does one have to work out by hand the LM expansion terms that should be
included in the case.in2 file based on the symmetry of each atom site,
or is there a way to automatically generate those terms up to a
prescribed value? Do I have to pass this as an argument to the program
'symmetry'? how do I do this?
Also, I have a general question on these paremeters that are listed in a
'param.inc' file (as described in the Wien2k manual): where can one find
that file? Should one modify that file directly to extend the order to
which the LM-decomposition is performed in lapw2?

Thanks and regards,
Olivier.