[Wien] (no subject)

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 9 15:10:41 CET 2005

Hi,
I know that various people have already done some work for Compton profiles,
but aparently nothing was done in general or was kept privat.

Many years ago I also started something, but it was never finished.
Anyway, your starting point should be SRC_lapw2.
Look into l2main.F and search for   momentum   or MODUS (=ALM).
You will see that all those lines are commented out, so they may not work
anymore exactly as programmed, but they should give you some hints what
you would need to extract for later use in a "momentum"-program.

Basically the radial functions RRAD1 and RADE1 (u and u-dot) and the
radial function for the local orbitals A1LO are printed, as well as the weights
and the ALM,BLM and CLM for each eigenvalue.

At some point you will need a FT of these radial functions, and this can be
done by multiplication with Besselfunctions and radial integration. A
good integration package for that is included in SRC_lapw3 (which calculates
X-ray structure factors, i.e. the FT of the density (instead of the
wave function).

Hope this helps for the moment.

PS: I'd highly appreciate if you develop a workable Compton profile code,
that you share it with the WIEN community.