[Wien] SCF stop!

george bush originw2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 15:04:53 CET 2005

Pro. Blaha,
attached are the .struct and .in1 and in2.
they ran very well in my previous computer with wien2k_03. but they always failed in my new computer with wien2k_05. the scf stops at lapw1 of the first cycle.

yushan
Peter Blaha <pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> > > the memory is 4Gb, and I find in every calculation about 3.8 Gb was used.
> > > the swap memory is also 4Gb, it seems it is always free. I think , total 8
> > > Gb will be enough for my calcualtion with about 40 atoms.

I do not understand why you need 4 Gb of memory for a calculation with 40
atoms ? This is more than unusual !

As was mentioned before, we need information in order to help you.
Do you have inversion symmetry (in1 or in1c file ?)
What are your sphere radii ? What is your RKmax ???