[Wien] Re: -Wien- Symmetry changed during geometry optimization

EB Lombardi lombaeb at science.unisa.ac.za
Fri Mar 18 12:05:38 CET 2005

Hello

Thanks to Prof Blaha and LD Marks for your responses. I will try the
edited min_lapw script.

1.  I also used StructGen of w2web to remove atom 6. Structgen seems to
have a bug: on removing atom 6, all Z values are inherited from the
previous atom (i.e. when you delete atom 6, the old atom 7 becomes the
new atom 6 as it should. However the new atom 6 has the Z value of the
old atom 6, instead of the Z value of the old atom 7, with all subsequet
atoms having similar incorrect Z values).  This is illustrated in the
two attached struct files (for illustration, all Z values were changed
to the respective atom numbers)

2. Regarding sgroup: is it possible to let sgroup retain a rombohedral
structure, rather than converting the structure to hexagonal?

Thank you

Enrico