[Wien] What is the E-cut

saeid jalali s_jalali_a at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 18:31:00 CET 2005

> You mean the E_cut is the Emax in case.in1?
Yes, exactly.
Indeed we are looking into the band structre of
material from [Emin, Emax] window, interval, energy.

> How do we know the number of basis functions from
> E_cut?

I am sure you must know that we can transform a
function from real space to momentum, wave vector, or
energy space and vice versa.

If you expand a wave function in terms of a complete
basis set in the energy space, then the expansion
coefficients, wave functions in energy space, will be
a function of energy, and the last coefficient will be
determined by the E_cut where you truncate the
expansion.

Your,
Saeid.