[Wien] Default-Nice-Value of lapw-tasks?

buero at luitz.at buero at luitz.at
Tue Mar 22 14:42:33 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Michael Frotscher wrote:

> is there an easy way to run the lapw-processes with a set nice value? I
> would guess that in the end w2web forks those processes, so it might be
> a good idea to pass the nice-value there.
>
> Has anyone done that before?

In w2web do to "Configuration" -> "user config", and in the field
"Execution types" you define something like

very_nice=nice -10 %f

"Save these values" and from then on when execution you can select this
execution type for SCF and single program execution.

If you want to mess with x_lapw, I would suggest you modify the line
set t = time
set t = "time nice -10"

All the best to the "Tor der Welt"
   Joachim

--
luitz.at | interfacing art, science and technology

Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Luitz KEG
Wohlmuthgasse 18 . A-3003 Gablitz . T +43 2231 61254 | Fax +43 2231 612544
buero at luitz.at . http://www.luitz.at . callto://jluitz