[Wien] SIGSEGV, segmentation fault in lapw1: case of 32 atoms, while no errors on lighter cases

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 28 20:06:18 CEST 2005

Do not play with GMAX, keep it at 14 (at least).

However, you may reduce RKMAX (case.in1, default=7.0), in particular when
you have small H spheres in your system. Try RKmax=3-4 and set the sphere
radii according to the tips on the faq page of www.wien2k.at

The segmentation fault is mostlikely due to some computer limitations or
some limits, which should be set to unlimited.