[Wien] VERSION_05.3: problems with installation of mini

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed May 4 14:14:53 CEST 2005

I don't know if it is the version that you have, or perhaps an
inconsistent version on the web page. The routines sortag & drmngwien
should be in the Makefile.

The routine mdble.c just defines some machine constants. It looks like
your fortran compiler has converted everything to upper case and/or is
being case sensitive, so the C to Fortran communication has got messed up.
A brief google (http://www.hpcf.cam.ac.uk/history/turing.html)
suggests that this may be a general thing with Hitachi compilers. I've
attached a version where I've added upper case versions of the routines
(since C is case sensitive). Copy your previous version somewhere
safe then please let me know if it works. If it does not, you may have to
try some of the things mentioned in the link above or google "Hitachi
Fortran C". There may well be other C routines where something similar
will need to be done.