[Wien] help for volume optimization for spin polarization

Stefaan Cottenier stefaan.cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu May 5 22:29:35 CEST 2005

> I have manually change the lattice constant, the SCF
> runs well without any error. I am just curious, any
> difference between the manual run and script run
> (optizer.job)?

No, there is no difference. But as I tried to explain before: either you
run dstart 3 times in optimize.job (just as you do in a normal
initialization) or you don't run dstart at all in optimize.job (which is
  usually the prefered strategy -- you then run dstart only in
init_lapw). In your previous optimize.job, you ran dstart only twice,
and that probably caused your error.

Stefaan