[Wien] SCF with Force convergence

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Thu May 12 11:13:56 CEST 2005

> I am attaching the struct file and the in1c file. I was trying to get
>
> force convergence for the system::
> runsp_lapw -i 50 -it -fc 10 -cc 0.01
>
> The scf cycle stops after the charge convergence criterion is met
> with the
> message "FORCES NOT CONVERGED" in the case.dayfile. I have done
> single
> k-point calculation (by allowing a shift).

This means that within the limit of 50 iterations you allowed, the
forces did not converge to a precision better than 10. If during these
50 iterations :DIS shows a tendency of getting smaller, just continue
your calculation (you can specify up to -i 999). If :DIS is oscillating
instead, you should look for the origin of that problem instead.

Stefaan