[Wien] Problem with collection of forces...

Christopher Homes homes at bnl.gov
Thu May 12 16:15:45 CEST 2005

Hello All - I am using the release 5.3 of the code, and I have noticed
a rather peculiar problem associated with the "analyse_phonon_lapw"
command, which collects the forces from the various case_xx.scfm
files.  For some reason, there seem to be format problems in the first
column of forces; this includes the truncation of leading significant
figure and the dropping of signs (i.e., "-16.5" becomes "6.5").  This
problem seems to be restricted to the first column of forces (Fx).  I
have tried recompiling across different systems, but the result is
always the same.  I would be grateful for any comments and possible
hints for a solution (aside from what I am doing now, which is
inputting the forces by hand).  Thanks in advance.

  Chris Homes.

PS - I am using the case files generated from the case.d45 file from
Parlinksi's Phonon program.  The OS is SuSE 9.1 - prior to this build,
there were apparently no problems.

Christopher Homes, Rm. 1-17            Email: homes at bnl.gov
Department of Physics - Bldg. 510B     Tel: (631) 344-7579 (Office)
Brookhaven National Laboratory              (631) 344-3537 (Lab)
20 Pennsylvania Street                      (631) 344-5510 (NSLS/U10A)
P.O. Box 5000                          FAX: (631) 344-2739
Upton, New York, USA 11973-5000

Physics Infrared - http://infrared.phy.bnl.gov
NSLS U10A - http://infrared.phy.bnl.gov/u10a.htm
Personal - http://infrared.phy.bnl.gov/homes.htm