[Wien] Energy range problem in XSPEC

SWG sw.goh at unsw.edu.au
Sun May 15 17:23:55 CEST 2005

Dear Prof Blaha and Wien users,

Yes. I did rerun   x lapw2 -qtl   after  x lapw1.

If I am looking at the output files correctly, my case.output1 does not seem
to contain eigenvalues at high energies and neither could I see any high
energy value in output2.

Case.output1: WARNING: RKmax reduced due to NMATMAX

Case.output2:  BAND#1000  E=  0.63270  WEIGHT= 0.0000000

Case.outputt:  EMAX reduced due to lower HIGHEST BAND-minimum

In the manual, the rough guide given for NMATMAX=10000 ==> 1GB (==> cells
with about 80-150 atoms/unitcell. My PC has 2GB RAM and the Cu2S specimen
has 144 atoms/unitcell. Hence, I do not know why it is giving me NMATMAX
problem.

Please advice me on what to do. Should I reduce the number of k-points in
the initialization section;  x kgen?

Regards,

Siew Wei GOH

School of Chemistry