[Wien] LAPW1 ERROR

Roberto Iglesias Pastrana roberto at uniovi.es
Mon May 16 16:14:02 CEST 2005

Dear Dr. Blaha:

Thanks a lot for your quick reply to my previous message. I have tried to
do exactly what you suggest, but the SCF cycle stops again at the same
point. The uplapw.error is the same: strangely, it seems the program keeps
on trying to find the scratch directory, even though I have just told it
that it is ./. I also tried to create such a /scratch directory in the root
directory, to no avail.
I have executed the whole userconfig_lapw all over again. And also deleted
all Ni fcc directory, in order to start again as if it was the first time.
All this was unfruitful.
Any suggestions?.
Thanks in advance.
Roberto Iglesias

At 14:37 16/05/2005, you wrote:
>You defined the SCRATCH variable as   /scratch
>and this is not correct, because you do not have a /scratch directory
>(but most likely a /tmp ?)
>
>Edit your .bashrc (or .cshrc) file and put a proper directory for
>SCRATCH
>(if you want it to be in your case directory specify SCRATCH as ./
>
> > 'INILPW' - can't open unit: 10
> >  'INILPW' -        filename: /scratch/fcc_Ni.vectorup
> >  'INILPW' -          status: unknown      form: unformatted
> >  'LAPW1' - INILPW aborted unsuccessfully.
>

>                                       P.Blaha

Roberto Iglesias Pastrana
Despacho 17
Área de Física Aplicada