[Wien] strange result in FSM calculation

Sergio L. Palacios sergio at pinon.ccu.uniovi.es
Thu May 26 12:32:20 CEST 2005

Prof. Blaha:

I am executing the FSM calculation for gamma-Fe with lattice constants
a=b=c=3.56 ang.
Another values employed are:

RMT=2.2
ENERGY to separate core and valence states: -7.0 Ry

The case.in1 file is:

WFFIL        (WFPRI, SUPWF)
  8.00       10    4 (R-MT*K-MAX; MAX L IN WF, V-NMT
  0.30    6  0      (GLOBAL E-PARAMETER WITH n OTHER CHOICES, global
APW/LAPW)
 0    0.20      0.000 CONT 0
 0   -6.50      0.005 STOP 0
 1    0.40      0.000 CONT 0
 1   -3.97      0.005 STOP 0
 2    0.40      0.010 CONT 1
 2    1.50      0.000 CONT 1
K-VECTORS FROM UNIT:4   -8.0       2.5      emin/emax window

The mixing factor is 0.1 and 5000 k-points in the whole Brillouin zone.

Then I run a spin-polarized execution and a FSM calculation with m=0.1
with energy convergence set to 0.00001.

All these options above are exactly the same that I choose when
executing the calculation in the old version of Wien2k (Wien2k_03) and
everything was right. But now, with the latest version the converged
value of the total magnetic moment is m=0.49.
On the other hand, when I look at the alternating charges as you
suggested me the diffrence between them is the wrong value m=0.49 while
in the old version calculation the same difference was the right value
m=0.1.

I am really puzzled. Please tell me if you need further information
and/or the submission of any file that could be helpful to you.

Regards,

Dr. Sergio L. Palacios
Profesor Titular de Física Aplicada
Dpto. de Física. Universidad de Oviedo