[Wien] HFF

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Tue May 31 11:39:13 CEST 2005

In WIEN97 orbital and spin-dipolar contribution was calculated using the
program AVERX. The difference between AVERX and LAPWDM is that AVERX
calculates the hyperfine field coming from all electrons of given atom,
while LAPWDM only from electrons with specified orbital numbers L.
I note that the contact hyperfine field is notoriously underestimated in
all DFT based calculations, including WIEN. The underestimation is quite
large (once we tried Gd, not Ce). I believe that HF  orbital contribution
and contact field will be parallel for Ce, the final result will
(probably) be still smaller than the experiment.

Regards
Pavel

Dr. Pavel Novak
Department of Magnetism and Superconductivity
Institute of Physics AS CR
Cukrovarnicka 10, 162 53 Praha 6, Czech Republic
tel: +420 2 20 318 532
e-mail: novakp at fzu.cz