[Wien] How to compare OPTIC results and EELS experiments?

Philippe Moreau Philippe.Moreau at cnrs-imn.fr
Tue Nov 8 14:51:32 CET 2005

Ruijuan Xiao a écrit :

>Dear all,
>
>I have a question about the comparison between OPTIC calculated results and EELS experiments.The calculated loss functions include several components(e.g. eloss_xx,eloss_yy,eloss_zz).And in the electron energy loss spectrum(EELS), the direction of incident electron can be adjusted.I wonder the relationship between the eloss_xx(or yy or zz) and the direction of incident electron. Does it mean the calculated eloss_xx corrsponds to the experiment in which the incident electron are perpendicular to the x direction?

nope

>Another question is whether the convergence angle is set to zero in the calculation?

conv angle is not taken into account (let's say it is zero then)

>Is there any reference about this?

Hi dear colleague,

please see the following article (Moreau and Cheynet,Ultramicroscopy 94
(2003) 293-303) and the references in it :),

not so easy to do a "real" comparison....

best regards

Philippe Moreau

--
Dr. Philippe MOREAU

Maître de Conférences , University of Nantes

Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel
Laboratoire de Chimie des Solides
2, rue de la Houssinière
B.P. 32229