[Wien] a problem in TELNES.2

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Wed Nov 9 10:34:34 CET 2005

Hello,

first of all : the current version of TELNES2 that is included in your wien-package is a temporary version which should only be used for dipole rule calculations.  The final version will be available soon.
Additionally, TELNES2 can calculate DOS itself, and (in contrast with its predecessor TELNES), the call to tetra is not necessary anymore.
With those remarks in mind, I think the procedure that you followed is okay.

Now, it seems that the problem in your calculation is actually with lapw2 - not with telnes2!
Perhaps you could start by checking your help-files (/home/rjxiao/wien2k_05/work/NbB2/./NbB2.help032 ) for any non-numeric characters?  Do you have ghostbands?

ISPLIT 88 is an obsolete function (as far as ELNES is concerned) and should not be used at all.  It was present in old TELNES versions, but was never reliable.  That is why the new TELNES2 does not tolerate it.

Although I think that at the moment you are facing problems with lapw2 and not with telnes2, I admit that the current status of the telnes program is confusing, and am available to assist you with your elnes calculation if necessary.  (But first, we have to make it past lapw2!)

kind regards,

Kevin Jorissen

new contact address !!

Kevin Jorissen