A problem of ghostbands - was : RE: [Wien] a problem in TELNES.2

Ruijuan Xiao rjxiao at blem.ac.cn
Mon Nov 14 10:33:02 CET 2005

Hello,

Thank you very much. The problem has been solved.The ghostband is removed by changing the E-parameter(I raise the value of local orbital and Etrial to near the Ef) and reduce the energy window(decrease the Emax).It seems that the large Emax is the main reason for the appearing of those ghostbands. When I choose Emax as 5.5Ry, it is difficult to remove ghostbands by adjusting E-parameter.
The Telnes2 runs well.But I made a stupid mistake before. When I change the ISPLIT into 99, I left a blank between 'ISPLIT=' and '99'.So it tells me 'an input conversion error'.Now, everything is ok.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Sincerely,
Ruijuan Xiao