[Wien] Q: charge lost in SO calculation depending on LAPW / APW+lo

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 16 08:45:37 CET 2005

Please check the scf file, if the Fermi integration works ?
Do you get the proper valence charge
grep ':CHA  ' case.scf
or is this value already smaller ?

Such small unit cells require many k-points (100-10000) !!!! Results with
Gamma only are nonsense.

For the second variational procedure you MUST use a larger E-window in
case.in1. Thus increase the default 1.5 and do NOT decrease it to 0.9

I do NOT understand the statement, that LAPW for p is "unstable" ?

To be sure I understand you correctly: You loose charge ONLY for a
6s=LAPW, 6p=APW+lo,  6p-RLO calculation ? All other combinations are fine ?

After all, why do you change the default in1 file and play with APW/LAPW ?
If one plays around, than for best convergence use APW+lo for d, but LAPW for
s+p

Regards