[Wien] (no subject)

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 29 17:00:56 CET 2005

Dear WIEN users,

David Singh asked me to put an announcement about the availablility of
the second edition of his book in this mailing list.

I have not seen this version, but from knowing the first edition I can only
very much recommend this book for all of you who want to know more details
about the methods also used in WIEN2k. David is not only very clear and precise
in his descriptions, he is also the worlds leading expert on this topic and
without his developments on "local orbitals" the LAPW method would
nowadays not be competitive at all.

The second edition of the book "Planewaves, Pseudopotentials and the LAPW
Method", by D.J. Singh and L. Nordstrom has been published by Springer.
The book gives details about the LAPW method, its relationship with other
methods and practical suggestions for setting parameters used in
calculations. Information from Springer is at
http://www.springer.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,11855,1-40109-22-86705782-0,00.html