[Wien] I want to calculate FeNi with lower symmetry

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Wed Nov 30 07:27:12 CET 2005

Well, if you have converged the case well enough, different symmetry
should give you the _same_ total energy if you use the same unit cell.

yasuharu_shiraishi at fujifilm.co.jp wrote:
> Dear Torsten Andersen,
>

>   Thank You!!
>
>   I want to calculate FeNi with lower symmetry because I want to know
>   total energy dependence of symmetry.
>   I think if symmetry changes, k-mesh process of WIEN2k changes, and
>   total energy changes.
>
>   I am not good at deciding symmetry of solids by hand,
>   so I use ‘symmetso’ from now on!
>
>   Thank you very much!!
>

>   P.S.
>   Sorry, what does “B” means ?
>   Best Regards.

I do not know, it was in your original mail... but probably got
"translated" by an e-mail program... did you use highlighting, or
boldface, or something similar?

I guess it is a little like taking a japanese power-point presentation
and display it on a german PC (or opposite) - special characters (like
the greek alphabet) gets substituted...

Best regards,

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University