[Wien] Plamon (plasma) in joint/kram

Fred Nastos nastos at physics.utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 30 20:37:21 CET 2005

On November 30, 2005 01:47 pm, L. D. Marks wrote:
> From what I can see, joint will (with option 6) calculate a plasmon
> frequency for an effective mass of one based on the number of electrons,
> then kram will add this in. This strikes me as strange, probably wrong.
> Why does one need to do this?

This might be related to the divergent part of the dielectric function.
For a metal, the Kramers-Kronig relation relating the imaginary part of
the dielectric function to the real part looks like:

Im[eps(omega)] = sigma/omega - (some principal parts integral)

But I'm not sure exactly what your are referring to when you say "kram will
add this in".  Can you point out roughly which parts of the code you are
concerned with?

FN