[Wien] Wien2k on G4 Mac OS X 10.4

Moritz Hoesch hoesch at spring8.or.jp
Mon Oct 3 09:17:16 CEST 2005

Dear all,

can anybody provide me with the complied binaries for Wien2k on a
Powerbook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4 (Darwin 8.2)?

Alternatively: is there any way to compile Wien2k using free software
(Gnu compiler) under Darwin?

I am sorry for this bold request. I use Wien2k mostly on a
workstation running Linux. For strange reasons this workstation
cannot provide any x-windows. From time to time I like to make small
Wien calculations on my Powerbook laptop, in particular rendering of
graphics using XCrysDen. I have no budget to buy a compiler for Mac
OS X and I would use it only rarely, so that it hardly pays off. If
anybody can provide me the compiled binaries for some low level
standard dimensioning parameters, then I can use XCrysDen much more
efficiently and do small calculations where ever I take my laptop.

Many thanks Moritz

Hardware Overview:

   Machine Name:    PowerBook G4 15"
   Machine Model:    PowerBook3,5
   CPU Type:    PowerPC G4  (3.3)
   Number Of CPUs:    1
   CPU Speed:    1 GHz
   L2 Cache (per CPU):    256 KB
   L3 Cache (per CPU):    1 MB
   Memory:    1 GB
   Bus Speed:    133 MHz
   Boot ROM Version:    4.5.3f2

System Software Overview:

   System Version:    Mac OS X 10.4.2 (8C46)
   Kernel Version:    Darwin 8.2.0

Moritz Hoesch
JSPS Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Synchrotron Radiation Research Center                phone
+81-791-58-2643 (PHS 3808)
Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (JAERI)        fax
+81-791-58-2740

1-1-1 Koto, Mikazuki-cho, Sayo-gun
Hyogo 679-5148 JAPAN