[Wien] question about TiC Fermi Energy

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Sat Oct 8 11:52:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

apparently, you are doing volume optimization?
In this case, wien starts from your initial structure (as you input in StructGen of w2web), and generates a few similar structures with different volume  (vol__x means the volume has been changed by x %).  All these structures are calculated, so you can compare their total energies and, eg., find the ground state volume.  Of course, every structure may have a different Fermi energy.

This way, you end up with a directory with lots and lots of files.

Why don't you check your installation on something simpler :
just one structure, the normal TiC, and look at the converged properties (eg. Fermi energy, DOS, total energy) of that one calculation.  Compare the different machines that way.
Start from a clean session in a clean directory.

If you see significant differences, try compiling your codes without compiler optimization.  If you still see significant differences, we'll take it from there.

Good luck,

Kevin.

Kevin Jorissen

new contact address !!