[Wien] LDA+U

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Sat Oct 8 21:27:49 CEST 2005

You are mixing two things. In order to calculate an orbital moment, you
should use either LDA, GGA, LDA+U or GGA+U (all with spin-orbit
coupling) and run after the scf-cycle the lapwdm program with suitable
input in case.indmc (see the usersguide). (for LDA+U and GGA+U the
orbital moment is written to case.scf as well, but the same quantity you
will be able to obtain from lapwdm) Hence, for calculating orbital
moments you do NOT need the -orb switch, or 'x orb'. The meaning of this
switch is turning on LDA+U (or GGA+U).

Stefaan