[Wien] Help! Optical Problems

段鹤 duanhe at mail.sitp.ac.cn
Mon Oct 10 08:30:08 CEST 2005

Wien users,
I am struggling to conduct the optic properties calculation. The following
is the procedure I took: I selected a simple example (8 atoms): zinc-blende
CdTe with inversion symmetry.
1: regualr SCF:  run_lapw;
2. initso_lapw to run: run_lapw -so (-cc 10-5);
3. x kgen to increase the k number to 1300 and edit in2c to insert FERMI;
4. edit inop;
6. execute: run_lapw -so -s lapw1 -e lcore;
7. x opticc ¨Cso.
then the optics generate case.mat_diag instead of case.outmat. I have tried
less complexed sysytem containing only 2 atoms, but ontained the same
results. Why such a situation occurs ? Could you will give me some advice?
Thank you very much.

Sincerely

H. Duan
National Laboratory for Infrared Physics
Shanghai Institute of Technical Physics
Chinese Academy of Sciences
500 Yutian Road
Shanghai 200083