[Wien] A question on spin density map

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Mon Oct 10 17:10:02 CEST 2005

>  Can I use the following command to get spin density
>map for a magnetic system calculation with LDA+U
>including SO
>
>   x lapw1 -orb -so -up/dn (to get the valid
>

>vectorsoup/dn)
>   x lapw2 -so -up/dn
>   x lstart
>   x lapw5 -so -up/dn

After the regular scf-cycle, just 'x lapw5 -c -up' with 'RHO SUB' in
line 6 should work. (I never did this with spin-orbit coupling, but
would think that is OK). You don't need lstart, since you subtract
crystalline down from crystalline up, no atomic info is needed. You also
don't need -so for lapw5 (check at the last line of 'x lapw5 -h' that
this program doesn't read the option '-so'.

Stefaan