[Wien] struct file vacuum region

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Mon Oct 31 10:20:13 CET 2005

Vacuum as such does not really exist in Wien2k. What you do to
compensate for this is to specify a unit cell that includes the vacuum
you want as empty space between atoms. An example of a simple vacuum
around a film could be to have 3 layers of matter at the z-positions
0.4, 0.5, and 0.6. The "vacuum" would then be from -0.6 to 0.4 (adjust
for RMT). The unit cell would then be stretched along z.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

shahnaz sehati wrote:
> Dear all
> How can I enter size of vacuum region in the input struct file?
> sincerely

> <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTFqODRtdXQ4BF9TAzMyOTc1MDIEX3MDOTY2ODgxNjkEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWwtZm9vdGVyBHNsawNmYw--/SIG=110oav78o/**http%3a//farechase.yahoo.com/>

Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University
http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de    http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/