[Wien] total energy value too high

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Mon Sep 26 09:26:32 CEST 2005

I didn't look at your conversion, but I assume the quantity you're after
is identical to the 'cohesive energy', and for that quantity you first
need to subtract the energy of the free atoms from the total energy of
the compound (:ENE). See also
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/faq/cohesive.html

Stefaan