[Wien] Calulating optical property with spin-orbit coupling

Moon, Chang-Youn Chang_Youn_Moon at nrel.gov
Wed Sep 28 00:36:01 CEST 2005

Well, I guess I've just fixed the problem by recovering a few lines
which were commented out originally in lapw2.F,  describing that in the
case of including SO, just artificially increase the number of electrons
twice (elecn=elecn*2.0d0, around line 207 in lapw2.F) then estimate the
Fermi level, and then recover the number of electrons to the original
value. After modifying the code that way, lapw2 estimates the Fermi
level correctly with -SO flag, and the resultant optical spectra also
seems correct. Do you have any comment about this?

Chang-Youn

  _____