[Wien] parallel calculation

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Wed Sep 28 17:33:14 CEST 2005

Hello,
some ideas :

* send us your .machines file and the exact command used to launch the job, so we can make sure there are no errors there

* check the configuration of wien :
is use_remote set to 1 in $WIENROOT/parallel_options?
grep "set remote" $WIENROOT/lapw1para

* try to find out what wien actually does :
in lapw1para, change the first line to  #! /bin/csh -xf
catch the output and grep it for ssh, rsh, mpi instructions

* try a similar command from the command line and see what it does, eg.
(rsh node-05 "cd /myworkdir ; time lapw1 lapw1_5.def ; rm lockfile; " ) > .time_5

Good luck!

Kevin Jorissen

new contact address !!

Kevin Jorissen