[Wien] LO more than one

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 13 07:52:13 CEST 2006

No.

In most cases I don't think it is necessary, in particular not if you are
interested in energies just 10-20 eV above EF (and not 50 or more).

a) The energy dependency of such high lying states is fairly small (in
contrast to eg. semicore states)
b) Just set the energy parameters of states which already have a low
lying LO a bit higher than usual (i.e. not below EF, but eg. 0.5 Ry above EF)
c) If your semicore states are really low (eg. below -5 Ry or so), you can
remove them for the calculation of the spectra (not for scf!!!) and put
the LO-energy at a high value instead.