[Wien] about U and J in LDA+U

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Fri Apr 14 17:18:25 CEST 2006

>1- What is the unity used in the code, is it Ry or eV ?

Ry

>2- Are this values unversal for any element, for example for the values of U
>and J Cu in CuO and YbaCu ?  I found it the litterature equal to 6 eV.

Not at all... Especially U can be very materials-dependent, and you have
to decide for yourself which U is suitable for your case (e.g. by
calculating some properties that are experimentally well-known as a
function of U). This is sometimes a nightmare, and it is not guaranteed
that a unique answer exists.

Stefaan