[Wien] k-points parallelization

stargmoon stargmoon at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 14 23:57:19 CEST 2006

Dr.Marks,

 I found I shoud do "lapw2 lapw2_X.def X" instead of "lapw2 lapw2_X". However, this can not resolve my original problem, when I run "lapw2 lapw2_X.def X" by hand (X is the one which fails in parallel calculation), there is no output (exactly speaking no more output after certain time) at all.

 Best regards,

 Stargmoon

stargmoon <stargmoon at yahoo.com> wrote: Dr. Marks,

 I am sure I substitute the correct "X" value. I checked lapw2_X.def, there is no case.klist_X is contained. Only case.kgen is included in lapw2_X.def. I tried to turn on debug=1 in lapw2para, the output to case.dayfile stays in "waiting for processes:", and waiting forever.

 Best regards,

 Stargmoon

"L. D. Marks" <L-marks at northwestern.edu> wrote: Assuming that you correctly substituted a value for "X", this is probably
the problem. As is says, check in1 and kgen files (e.g. case.in1,
case.klist_[1-...]). It may also help to go to lapw2para and change the
line

set debug       = 0             # set verbosity of debugging output
set debug       = 2             # set verbosity of debugging output

and then run "x lapw2 -p" by itself.