[Wien] Pb with EF level in semi-conductors

Florent Boucher Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr
Mon Apr 24 22:12:23 CEST 2006

Dear Benali,
it happens some times with the tetrahedron method and insulators. I
don't now exactly the reason (may be a small problem of accuracy with
the integration on the semi-core states) but one easy way to avoid it is
to switch from the tetrahedron method (in lapw2) to a gaussian smearing
(with a small searing) or a root sampling. It should give you in this
way the correct value for the Ef. However, you will see, if you try a
new SCF that the density was already converge.
Regards
Florent
Benali Ben a écrit :
> Dear Users,
>
> I am writing you this email because I have a real pb with
> semi-conductors. When I  calculate the Band structure,I find the Fermi Level
> in the minimum of the Conduction band. In fact I have
> checked "band-ranges" in case.scf(2) and put EF in
> case.insp at the top of the valence bands.
>
> How I can deal with this pb ?.
>
> Thank you for helping me.

> *Faites de Yahoo! votre page d'accueil sur le web* pour retrouver
> directement vos services préférés : vérifiez vos nouveaux mails,
> lancez vos recherches et suivez l'actualité en temps réel. Cliquez ici
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/mail_taglines/yahoofr/*http://fr.yahoo.com/set>.

| Florent BOUCHER                    |                                    |
| Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel | Mailto:Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr |
| 2, rue de la Houssinière           | Phone: (33) 2 40 37 39 24          |
| BP 32229                           | Fax:   (33) 2 40 37 39 95          |
| 44322 NANTES CEDEX 3 (FRANCE)      | http://www.cnrs-imn.fr             |