[Wien] The TELNES errors in calculation Hf O23 edge in defective HfO2 supercell structure

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Thu Aug 3 09:07:13 CEST 2006

Hello ? (seems your name got cut off?)

Thanks for your feedback.

1/  You did the right thing : all inequivalent spectra need to be calculated separately, then summed.  No shortcuts here.  The ATOMS option sums equivalent atoms - not inequivalent atoms.

2/  Thanks for including case.struct, but there's still not enough information here for me to diagnose your error message.  Please send details, including files, to my private account (the wien ML blocks larger attachments).  As a general rule when asking for help, send files such that A/ The person helping you can see easily what you're doing ; B/ This person can easily reproduce your calculation, without having to run it from the start (especially when doing supercells!).  Eg., when it's about telnes2, a look at telnes2.def will tell you which files will be of use to me.

Thanks,

Kevin Jorissen

Kevin Jorissen
University of Washington