[Wien] error in init phonon lapw calculations with 3x3x3 supercell

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Aug 5 09:09:54 CEST 2006

a) You cannot run supercells with 216 atoms on a single PIV with 2 GB
memory.
b) rkmax=3.7 would give a very bad calculation
c) you don't need 2 k-point for such large supercells.
d) Unless you are searching for some particular feature in the
phonon-dispersion, you don't need such large supercells for phonons! It is much
more important that you use a good RKMAX to get good forces.