[Wien] Space group not found (C compiler)

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Aug 9 14:18:59 CEST 2006

I strongly suggest that you use gcc for the C code in Wien2k. The gcc
compiler is very forgiving, and some of the C code in Wien2k is old and
incompatible with newer, less tolerant compilers. Someone who knows and
likes C (I don't, and I don't think Peter does) would benefit everyone by
looking the code over with -Wall and cleaning it up.

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Peter Blaha wrote:

> sgroup is a C-program! You need to specify a proper (compatible)
> C-compiler for this.
>
> cd $WIENROOUT/SRC_sgroup
> edit  Makefile    and try different c-compilers (icc, cc,..)
> make

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive