[Wien] userconfig on tcsh shell

EB Lombardi lombaeb at science.unisa.ac.za
Thu Aug 31 08:56:39 CEST 2006

Dear Prof Blaha and Gerhard

Thank you for your e-mails

1. In .cshrc I source the two config files   ifortvars.csh   and
mklvars(32)(em64t).csh, which should address all relevant environment
variables?

2. Regarding userconfig, after implementing the change below, the script
no-longer crashes. However OCTAVE_EXEC_PATH in .cshrc and .bashrc still
do not agree (in .cshrc the value of the PATH environment variable is
repeated literally rather than simply referring to $PATH as is done in
.bashrc).

Thank you in advance
Best regards
Enrico

Peter Blaha wrote:
> Thanks for these reports.
>
> I've fixed userconfig  (should always be \$STRUCTEDIT_PATH) for the next
> release.
>
> I'll add also the -lvml, although with proper compiler configuration this
> should not be necessary.
>

>> 1. When userconfig_lapw is run for the first time for a user with no
>> previous Wien2k installation and tcsh shell is used, the following error
>> message is given:
>>
>>      Specify your program to read pdf files (default is acroread)
>>      (on some Linux systems use xpdf):
>>
>>      Set PDFREADER to  acroread (Y/n)
>> STRUCTEDIT_PATH: Undefined variable.
>>
>> 2. This error does not occur if Wien2k was previously configured for the
>> user (e.g. manually editing .cshrc) or if bash is used.
>>
>> 3. Even when userconfig_lapw completes on tcsh, the OCTAVE_EXEC_PATH  in
>> .cshrc and .bashrc do not agree (in .cshrc the path is repeated
>> literally rather than referring to the PATH environment variable as is
>> done in .bashrc).
>>
>> Best regards
>> Enrico
>>
>> --