[Wien] Summary NFS bug

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 4 11:13:11 CET 2006

I'll try to include NFS fixes for lapwsopara.

Basically one needs to remove all newly written "parallel"-files (all
this which have endings with *_1; *_2, ....

> @@@ Rather unrelated, but including vsp and vorb files in the
> save_lapw and restore_lapw commands would be useful (if not, there are
> circumstances in which an unnecessarily high :DIS appears in the first
> iterations after a restore).

I do not understand why this should be necessary (or why it should be
sufficient, since vns is as important as vsp).

After "restore_lapw" you get back clmsum/up/dn and dmat/up/dn.

A new runsp   recreates vsp/up/dn and vns/up/dn as first step in lapw0.
And it creates vorbup/dn in orb using the restored dmats in the next
step "orb".

If you observe such large :DIS we need to find out why it happens. I
cannot imagine that save/restore of vsp helps.