[Wien] RMT - A question of a beginner.

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Mon Dec 4 16:45:30 CET 2006

Dear Eli,

there are different approximations inside and outside the MT. This will
alone give you differences - I can't confirm that it will be in the mRy
range... sometimes, maybe.

So I would say that it is not a numerical effect. Anyway, you can
converge the numerical effects quite well by, e.g., increasing the
sampling density inside the MT.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

Eli Kraisler wrote:
> Dear WIEN2k users,
>
> I have started to use WIEN2k recently, and have the following question :
>
> I have understood from the UG that the total energy that is computed
> in WIEN slightly depends on the R_MT. That is the reason, in particular,
> that calculations of the same material with different volumes should be
> performed
> with a constant R_MT.
> The question is : *how* does the total energy depend on R_MT ? Is it a
> numerical
> effect (theoretically, R_MT must have no influence on the final result) ?
> I saw that for fcc-Al a variation of R_MT = 1.5 ... 2.5 bring a change
> of ~1 mRy
> to the total energy. Is it reasonable ? (Full input parameters info. can
> be provided on request)
> If I want to minimize the influence of R_MT on the result, what are the
> relevant parameters to change ?
>
> Thank you for your answers.
>
> Eli.

> <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>

Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University
http://cmt.physik.uni-kl.de    http://www.physik.uni-kl.de/