[Wien] Unit of :ORBxx

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Tue Dec 5 11:33:46 CET 2006

Dear colleagues,

here is the receipt to get desirable high orbital momentum:

1/ converge the LSDA calculation

2/ construct starting density matrix by hand, occupying fully all five
majority spin states (put 1 on the diagonal) and ML=2 minority spin state.
Leave remaining minority spin states empty.

3/ Run LDA+U +s-o calculation with reasonably large U (e.g. 0.7 Ry).

The starting configuration will survive the selfconsistent procedure so
that resulting orbital moment will be equal to 2.

Regards
Pavel Novak

Dr. Pavel Novak
Department of Magnetism and Superconductivity
Institute of Physics AS CR
Cukrovarnicka 10, 162 53 Praha 6, Czech Republic
tel: +420 2 20 318 532
e-mail: novakp at fzu.cz