[Wien] Number of K Points

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Tue Dec 5 21:40:00 CET 2006

> I m trying to run x kgen command for atype.struct
> it asks me for number of K points, but generates only 4 K-Points. and
> only these 4 k-points data is listed in the atype.klist file.
> what could be the possible cause to this problem.

It is not a problem. The number of k-points in case.klist is the
number in the irreducible part of the brillouin zone. It (more or
less) equals the input you have given to kgen (command line) divided
by the number of symmetry operations (bottom of case.struct). That
command line input to kgen is the number of k-points in the full
brillouin zone. If you want more lines in case.klist, just increase
the input number (trial and error).

Stefaan