[Wien] different fermi energy

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Dec 18 08:55:54 CET 2006

EF in case.qtlup and case.scf2up must be the same (they are written at
the same time). If you have a self-consistent calculation and EF in
case.scf and case.scf2up (or qtlup) is so different, there might be some
inconsistency. Have made some changes to eg. k-mesh, positions in
case.struct, RKmax, ... ??

If you have in insulator, it can happen that EF is at the bottom of the
conduction band instead of the top of the valence band. This could
happen when you change the k-mesh between scf and DOS calculation. In
such cases correct EF manually in case.qtlup/dn. But make that the
current eigenvalues/qtls belong to the scf-potential and not some
strange mixture.

Since it looks as if you have made some mistake, I recommend to use
"restore_lapw"; and for security runsp_lapw to check that you have the
"correct" case. Then do the qtls/DOS again.

PS: The DOS in Ry does NOT use any EF, it just uses the plain energies
as calculated.