[Wien] Lantanium Density of state

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Sat Dec 30 12:58:13 CET 2006

>   In the file case.int I put La-f states, although in periodic
> table, the valence states are  5d1/6s2 and I have plot the density
> of states for LaCrO3. In the density, I have seen a sharp peak  for
> Lantanium f states.Is it correct to put La-f in case.int or not?

What you put in case.inst should not affect the converged result. Just
accept the default case.inst for La.

Most likely, that sharp f-peak will be above the Fermi energy
(=unoccupied), and that is fine for La. Some f-character below the
Fermi energy is normal as well (hybridisation), similarly as you will
have some p-characther for Mg, or some d-character for Se.

Stefaan