[Wien] Unit for the HFF

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Sat Feb 4 11:02:08 CET 2006

I was wondering about the unit used for the hyperfine field (HFF values). Unfortunately, the values are given in multiples of big birds (emu). I wonder why it is Gauss for the flux density (B) and not Oerstett for the magnetic field strength (H). Seems it would be better to use SI units (A/m).

Anyway, I wonder if the values given include a factor of 4Pi or not as field strength and flux density and their units are usually muddled up in emu. So is the last F for Hyperfine Flux or Hyperfine Field and how to transform the unit correctly to SI ?

Thanks a lot for enlightenments
Ciao
Gerhard