[Wien] Fermi error again

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Feb 14 17:07:37 CET 2006

So it works for small systems...

then I still think you have to check for compiler errors on the SGI. Try
to set the optimization level to zero (-O0) when you compile, and check
if it still behaves like you mentioned below. I suspect that an
optimization limits the size of certain arrays that will be fatal for
"larger" systems. I have seen this on an Opteron, where everything works
fine for the test case, but as soon as one starts a more complicated
case, it doesn't work...

If the zero optimization also doesn't work, try to use blas_lapw instead
of SGI's BLAS.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen        TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University